Data Privacy Statement
We, pfm medical expert gmbh (hereinafter referred to as “pfm medical”), are happy to welcome you as a visitor to our website. To us, data protection and data security during your utilisation of our website are of great significance. We therefore wish to seize this opportunity to provide you with information on which of your personal data we collect when you visit our website and for which purposes such data will be used.
As amendments of the law or changes to our company-internal processes may require an adjustment of this Data Privacy Statement, we request you to read this Data Privacy Statement at regular intervals. The Data Privacy Statement may be retrieved, stored and printed out under Data Privacy Statement at any time.
§ 1 Person/entity responsible and area of application
The person/entity responsible within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states or other data privacy provisions is:
This Data Privacy Statement shall apply to the website/Internet offer of pfm medical, which can be retrieved under the domain www.pfmmedical.com and the various sub-domains (hereinafter referred to as “our website”).
§ 2 Data protection officer
The external data protection officer of the person/entity responsible is:
Dr. Karsten Kinast, LL.M., barrister-at-law
KINAST Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
50672 Cologne, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)221 – 222 183 – 0
§ 3 Principles of data processing
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable private individual. For instance, this includes information such as your name, your age, your address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your e-mail address, your IP address or your user behaviour. Information that does not allow us to establish any relation with you as a person (or that only allows us to do through disproportionate expenditure), for instance due to anonymisation of the respective information, does not represent personal data. The processing of personal data (such as collection, retrieval, utilisation, storage or transmission) shall always require a legal basis or your personal consent. Processed personal data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of processing has been achieved and legally stipulated storage periods do not have to be complied with anymore.
Where we process your personal data to make certain offers/services available to you, we inform you hereafter on the specific processing activities, the scope and purpose of data processing, the legal basis of the data processing activities and the respective storage period.
1. Provision and utilisation of the website
a. Kind and scope of data processing
Whenever our website is retrieved and used, we collect the personal data transmitted to our server automatically by your browser. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. If you use our website, we will collect the following data that we require technically to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security:
- IP address of the retrieving computer
- Date and time of retrieval
- Name and URL of the file retrieved
- Website from which our own website has been accessed (Referrer URL)
- The browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider
b. Legal basis
For the data processing activities mentioned above, the legal basis is Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Processing of the data mentioned above is necessary to make a website available and hence serves to protect a legitimate interest of our company.
c. Storage period
The aforementioned data shall be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to display the website. The collection of the data for provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is indispensable for the operation of the web page. As a consequence, there is no possibility for the user to raise objections. More far-reaching storage may result, in the individual case, if stipulated accordingly under the law.
2. Contact forms
a. Kind and scope of data processing
On our website, we offer you the opportunity to get in touch with us via provided contact forms. During the process, by which you send us your inquiry via the contact form, this Data Privacy Statement will be referred to in order to obtain your consent. If you make use of the contact forms, the following of your personal data will be processed depending on the type of contact form:
- e-mail address
- Title and surname
In this context, the indication of your e-mail address as well as the title and surname serve the purpose of allocating your inquiry and sending you a personal response. The postcode and country serve the purpose of allocating your inquiry to the correct contact person. When you use the contact form, your aforementioned data may be passed on to our subsidiaries or sales partners if this is necessary to answer your enquiry. Beyond this, your personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
b. Legal basis
The data processing activities for the establishment of contact as described above (cf. § 4 2. a.) are based on the following declaration of consent, which you provide voluntarily in accordance with Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
"By entering my data and confirming the “Send” button, I declare that I agree with the processing of my e-mail address, title and surname for the purpose of getting a response to my contact inquiry. I may revoke my consent to the collection/recording of the personal data collected during my utilisation of the contact form at any time."
c. Storage period
As soon as the question asked by you and the respective circumstances have been finally clarified, the personal data processed via the contact form will be deleted. More far-reaching storage may result, in the individual case, if stipulated accordingly under the law.
§ 5 Data transfer
We shall only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- you have provided your explicit consent pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- this is legally admissible and necessary for the performance of a contractual relationship with you according to Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter b of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- there is a statutory obligation to transfer the data pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter c of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- the data transfer is necessary, pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Letter f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, for the protection of legitimate company interests, and for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, and if there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest, which is worthy of protection, in the non-transfer of your data.
a. Kind and scope of data processing
b. Legal basis
c. Storage period
As soon as the data transmitted to us via the cookies are no longer necessary to achieve the aforementioned purposes, this information will be deleted. More far-reaching storage may result, in the individual case, if stipulated accordingly under the law.
d. Configuration of the cookie settings
When you access our website, a pop-up window will appear, giving you the opportunity to adjust the cookie settings. You can accept all cookies or reject non-functional cookies and save them.
These settings will be saved. You can adjust them at any time by clicking the following link: https://www.pfmmedical-expert.com/?showOptIn=1
e. Configuration of the browser settings
Most browsers have default settings that accept cookies on a standardised basis. You are nevertheless able to configure your respective browser in such a manner that it will only accept certain cookies or cease accepting any cookies whatsoever. However, we advise you that you may no longer be able to use all the functions of our website if cookies on our website have been deactivated due to your browser settings. You are also able to delete cookies via your browser settings, which have already been stored in your browser, or to have their storage periods displayed to you. Furthermore, there is a possibility to configure your browser settings in such a way that you receive notification from the browser before cookies are stored. As the various browsers may differ in regards to their respective modes of operation, we request you to use the Help menu of your browser when it comes to the possibilities of configuration.
If you wish to receive a comprehensive overview of each and every third-party access to your Internet browser, we recommend you to install a plug-in designed specifically for this purpose.
§ 7 Hyperlinks
Our website includes so-called hyperlinks to the websites of other providers. In the event of activation of such hyperlinks, you will be forwarded directly from our website to the websites of other providers. You will notice that process, among other things, through the change of URLs. We are not able to assume any responsibility for the confidential treatment of your data on these third-party websites, as we do not exert any influence on these companies’ adherence the applicable data protection regulations. As for the treatment of your personal data by these companies, please gather information directly on their websites.
§ 8 Rights of persons concerned
For you as a person concerned by the processing of personal data, the following rights result under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- Pursuant to Article 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to demand information on your personal data processed by us. In particular, you are entitled to demand information from us on the purposes of data processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to which your data have been disclosed or are disclosed, the scheduled storage period, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data unless they have been collected from us, the transmission to third countries or international organisations, and on the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details of such processes.
- Pursuant to Article 16 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to demand the correction of any incorrect personal data stored by us or the completion of any incomplete personal data stored by us – in relation to you as a person – without delay.
- Pursuant to Article 17 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to demand the deletion of any of your personal data stored by us as far as the data processing is not required to exercise the right of free speech and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Pursuant to Article 18 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data as far as you dispute the correctness of the data, as far as the processing is unlawful, or as far as we no longer require the data, and if you refuse deletion of the data because you require them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. You are also entitled to the right under Article 18 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation if you have raised an objection to the data processing activities pursuant to Article 21 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Pursuant to Article 20 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to demand from us that you receive the personal data, which you have made available to us, in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format, or you may demand transmission of the data to another responsible person/entity.
- Pursuant to Article 7 Subsection 3 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to revoke your provided consent in a notification transmitted to us at any time. The consequence thereof will be that we will not be allowed to continue the data processing activities conducted on the basis of that consent in the future.
- Pursuant to Article 77 of the EU Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may submit your complaint to the supervisory authority in charge of your usual place of domicile, your place of work or the registered office of our company.
§ 9 Right to object
Where your personal data is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled pursuant to Article 21 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation to raise an objection against the processing of your personal data, provided reasons are in place for such an objection that result from your particular situation, or provided the objection is raised against direct advertising activities. In the event of direct advertising activities, you have a general right to object, which is implemented by us without reference to/indication of a particular situation.
§ 10 Data security and safeguarding measures
We undertake to protect your privacy and to treat your personal data in confidence. To avoid manipulation, loss or abuse of your data stored by us, we take comprehensive technical and organisational safety precautions that are being reviewed at regular intervals and adjusted to technological progress. Among other things, this includes the use of recognised encryption procedures (SSL or TLS). However, we advise you that, due to the structure of the Internet, it is possible that the rules of data protection and the aforementioned safeguarding measures may not be observed by other persons or institutions acting outside our area of responsibility. In particular, information transmitted without encryption – for instance in the event of transmission by e-mail – may also be read by third parties. We do not have any technological influence on such occurrences. It lies within the user’s scope of responsibility to protect the data made available by him/her from abuse through encryption or otherwise.